Force Majeure & Differing Site Conditions – Notification and Response
Scott Jennings, P.E.
Scott I. Batterman, Esq.
Clay Chapman Iwamura
Pulice & Nervell,
Attorneys at Law
Location: Live Online Webinar
Date: Thursday, March 26, 2020
Time: 9:00 am to 11:00 am HST
Scott Jennings, P.E. will facilitate a live 2-hour webinar and Q&A with attorney Scott Batterman, Esq. of Clay Chapman Iwamura Pulice & Nervell, Attorneys at Law from Honolulu, Hawaii to address one of the hottest topics now in the construction industry:
Force Majeure due to COVID-19
And also because many attendees are expected to be underground contractors and owners, we will also discuss one of the age old issues affecting this work:
Differing Site Conditions
Receive the answers to some of these burning questions:
As a contractor…
- What are my rights under my specific City & County of Honolulu, State of Hawaii, or Board of Water Supply contract?
- What should I do to reserve my rights?
- What compensation, in time and cost, am I entitled to?
As an owner…
- Should I suspend my contractor?
- Is this a no damages for delay scenario?
- If we are put on notice by our contractor, what should our response be?
This is a no-cost short session put on by two Honolulu firms which specialize in the Hawaii construction industry.