Scott Jennings, P.E.
Mr. Jennings has over 25 years of experience from entry level field engineer to estimator to the sole owner of a heavy/civil construction company. Scott has extensive top to bottom hands-on operational and executive experience in projects exceeding $100 million in contract value. Scott has experience in both the public and private sectors from coast to coast and Hawai’i and is a registered professional civil engineer in California, Washington, and Hawai’i. Scott earned a B.S. Civil Engineering from Drexel University in 1993 and an M.S. Civil Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin in 1997.
- Disciplines of work include roadway/bridge, WWTP, pump station, utilities, earthwork/grading, and commercial building
- Claims work in the areas of lost production, acceleration, scope creep, differing site conditions, and Spearin Doctrine
- Contract mechanisms including design/build, value engineering, and cost plus/T&M
- Divisional and company organization of estimating and cost control systems
Jeevan Pokharel, CPA
Mr. Jeevan “JP” Pokharel started his career in business audit and quickly found his calling in construction. With over 10 years of experience in construction accounting and financial advising in positions from auditor to chief financial officer of major construction companies, Jeevan has a proven list of accomplishments in
- Company turnarounds, spin-offs, and restructurings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Enterprise-wide quantitative, business, and financial analysis
- Government contracting, job cost architecture, and direct cost/overhead strategy
Jeff Werner, JD, PMP, PSP, CCM, CFCC
Mr. Werner specializes in construction management program management, quality control and quality assurance, project controls, contract administration, risk management and dispute resolution. Since 1974 his construction experience has included the following project delivery methods, EPC, DBB, DB, CMGC, CMAR, IPD and agency construction management, and program management services on a wide variety of construction programs and projects. He has held positions as Quality Control/Quality Assurance Inspector/Manager, Field Subcontracts Manager, Contract Administrator, Construction Manager/Resident Engineer, Senior Scheduler, Project Controls Manager/Director, Director/VP of Project Planning and Scheduling, Vice President of Claims, Program Management Consultant, Commercial Director, Change and Claims Manager and Managing Director.
Mr. Werner’s Education credentials include a JD from Concord Law School Purdue University Global, MBA from the University of Texas, Dallas and a BS in Business Management from Northwood University and Mr. Werner’s holds the following professional certifications;
- Project Management Professional, No. 19291, PMI
- Planning and Scheduling Professional, No. 0070, AACEI
- Planning and Scheduling Professional, No. 0070, AACEI
- Certified Construction Manager No. A1344, CMCI
- Certified Forensic Claims Consultant, No. 54, AACEI
- Certified Engineering Technician (Retired), National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
Joeva Basilio, P.E.
Joeva brings twelve years’ progressive experience in construction and project implementation of various civil and building works in multiple countries, including a waste-to-energy power plant, a petrochemical refinery, a container terminal port, a metro line with 47 station buildings, and various marine projects. Roles included area manager, senior engineer, and quality control engineer.
Joeva’s efforts in recognizing out-of-scope work recouped nearly $5MM for the contractor on a $250 million Mombasa Container Port project, and $74 million and $50 million River Improvement works in the Philippines.
Rob Bonnett has 30+ years of experience in the heavy civil construction industry including environmental remediation, heavy highway bridge construction, mass earth moving and site work, public and private utility system construction, deep shored excavations, retained and stabilized earth systems, dewatering, tunneling, road construction, and foundations. This experience comes from multiple roles within organizations large and small, from Project Engineer to Senior Executive to Ownership, giving Mr. Bonnett a solid understanding and unique ability to manage all aspects of the heavy civil construction process. With a construction management education complimenting this experience, Mr. Bonnett has an uncommon knowledge that can help successfully navigate and manage the complexities of the construction process, at any level.
Mr. Eloph has over 20 years of experience ranging from higher-education CIS to consulting and engineering for private and public firms. Tom has a broad range of corporate and independent experience, including certifications by Amazon, Microsoft, and Apple.
Mr. Patrick Mullen has developed and maintained Primavera P6 cost and resource loaded construction schedules for single projects valued at more than $1.5 billion. His expertise includes creating and updating complex construction schedules, reviewing schedules for specification conformance, analyzing scheduling impacts and identifying recovery options, and resource (labor and cost) management.
Chris has extensive design, scheduling, quality control, and project field supervision experience in large and sensitive earthworks and environmental projects. His thorough knowledge and understanding of each client’s specifications and desired quality contributed to a bid conversion rate of over 65%.
Mr. Erik Golubjatnikov (“Golub” for short) has 40 years of experience. Starting as a Union carpenter and equipment operator, Mr. Golub progressively developed the estimating and management skills that have earned him executive management roles in complex projects ranging up to a $185 million resort project on Maui, Hawai’i. Erik has held contractor licenses in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Idaho, Vermont, and New York. Erik has a need for speed — he’s a private pilot and drives a fast car.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Estimating (HCSS Software) and management of earthwork, highway, bridge, and industrial & municipal water treatment facilities
- Litigation support, forensic costing, and surety support for failed projects
- Claims development including as-bid versus as-built cost and schedule analysis
- Clients have included: Federal Highway Administration, US Army Corps of Engineers, Washington Department of Transportation, US Forest Service, Marriott Corporation, ANDAZ Resorts, Shell Oil, and Conoco-Phillips.
Tom has experience in supporting applications and infrastructure nationally. Spending most of his time on the West Coast and Pacific region, he has managed and participated in projects in Seattle, Bay Area, and Hawai’i. Tom studied Computer Science at Seattle Pacific University, with a minor in Art, and is currently engaging in language studies in Honolulu.
- Amazon Web Services certified
- On-premise solutions and remote client support
- Application development and project management
- Cybersecurity, data center, and HIPAA compliance
- Cloud infrastructure implementation and design best practices
Mr. Rolin started his career in heavy construction over 25 years ago as a heavy equipment operator and then a union cement mason. He went on to finish college with a civil engineering degree and used his hands-on knowledge to fill the roles of project superintendent and project manager before becoming chief estimator for the last 15 years. His broad range of experience helped him successfully bid and win individual projects over $125 M in the oil and gas, industrial, heavy highway and commercial markets.
- HCSS Heavybid estimating software trainer
- Extensive knowledge of Carlson Takeoff software for earthwork estimating and machine control data.
- Areas of expertise include: Concrete structures, drainage structures, mass excavation, earth retention systems, industrial and highway and bridge construction.
- Clients have included: Shell, Proctor & Gamble, US Steel, Bechtel, Fluor, Skanska, Black and Veatch, Burns and McDonnell, Perry Nuclear, NRG, PADOT to name a few.
Starting her career as a surety company executive with the Aetna Casualty and Surety Company, and then as an insurance and bonding agency owner/partner, Judy Rapp has over 48 years of experience in insuring and bonding contractors across virtually every trade and in several Western states. Because of her expertise, she has been granted the pen for several bonding programs over the years, and represents all the major insurance and surety carriers.
She brings the force of her credentials and years of experience to benefit every construction client and to support the growth and financial success of the contractors whom she represents.
Makai Moffett is a seasoned sales and marketing professional, with over 25 years of international experience. He has started and led several top Asian business groups in California, Hawai’i, Jakarta, Tokyo, Singapore, and Shanghai. His experiences with top global developers, and the art of the deal, are what led him to SJ Construction Consulting. From creating a look and feel to a project, to managing the marketing and sales teams, Makai has hands-on experience in the most challenging environments.
Areas of expertise include:
- Creation of Strategic Marketing Plans for large scale developments
- Strategic Sales methodology
- International experience with mixed-use, government, and private-sector projects
- Top-Level advisory