Scott Jennings, P.E. facilitates a live 2-hour webinar and Q&A with attorney Scott Batterman, Esq. of Clay Chapman Iwamura Pulice & Nervell, Attorneys at Law from Honolulu, Hawaii to address one of the hottest topics now in the construction industry:
Force Majeure due to COVID-19
And also because many attendees are expected to be underground contractors and owners, we will also discuss one of the age old issues affecting this work:
Differing Site Conditions
Receive the answers to some of these burning questions:
As a contractor…
- What are my rights under my specific City & County of Honolulu, State of Hawaii, or Board of Water Supply contract?
- What should I do to reserve my rights?
- What compensation, in time and cost, am I entitled to?
As an owner…
- Should I suspend my contractor?
- Is this a no damages for delay scenario?
- If we are put on notice by our contractor, what should our response be?
This is a no-cost short session put on by two Honolulu firms which specialize in the Hawaii construction industry.
Below are links to items that were discussed during the presentation:
- City & County of Honolulu General Terms & Conditions
- State of Hawaii Department of Transportation General Provisions for Construction Projects
- State of Hawaii Interim General Conditions, 1999 Edition, Public Works Division, DAGS
- Board of Water Supply General Terms & Conditions
- Hawaii HRS §103D-307 Emergency Procurements
- Hawaii HRS §103D-501 Contract Clauses & their Administration
- Hawaii HAR §3-125 Modifications & Terminations of Contracts
- Scott I. Batterman’s PowerPoint Presentation
As a member of ASCE’s Claims Avoidance and Resolution National Committee, Mr. Jennings invites you to complete this survey regarding arbitration costs in construction projects:
If you have any further questions, please contact us!
Scott Jennings, P.E.
SJ Construction Consulting, LLC
Scott I. Batterman, Esq.
Clay Chapman Iwamura Pulice & Nervell, Attorneys at Law