Scott Jennings, P.E. is one of only a handful of HCSS contract trainers. This means that HCSS trusts Scott to implement and train new and existing customers in HCSS HeavyBid. So you can know that you’ll be in good hands during your training session!
As veteran of the heavy/civil construction industry, Scott helps all levels of estimators from beginner to expert. Whether you need a quick hour of help on something you think can be done better, or you want a “remote classroom” session assembled, we can help you design your training time.
Here are some offerings for your consideration:
- Miscellaneous Skills by the hour or assembled in a multiple-hour session. Learn how to incorporate or become better within certain areas of HeavyBid including:
- Estimate Entry
- Setups – Labor, Equipment, and Crew
- Quote Folders
- Spreadsheet Calcs
- Holding Accounts
- Bid Reviews
- Creating Proposals
- Biditem Import
- Bid Closing
- Use of Filters and Field Tagging
- The Master Estimate (4 to 8 hours) – learn why, or why not, to have multiple Master Estimates. Improve your Master Estimate by understanding the various setups in HeavyBid so that each estimate going forward starts with the same baseline data.
- Codebook Improvement (4 to 16 hours) – understand better the available fields in the material, activity, and biditem codebooks and how to use them in your every day estimating to increase bidding efficiency.
- Codebook Writing (hours TBD) – this is more of a consultative service than a remote training, but Scott can offer the actual writing of your material, activity, and/or biditem codebooks. This requires an initial meeting and periodic check-ins to help guide the process. The effort required corresponds to the codebook(s) requested and level of detail.